Pond Coat® is PermaDri’s specially-designed coating for repairs and maintenance for landscape features. Pond Coat® is an excellent tool for applications including: plant containers, concrete ponds, reservoirs, spillways, and other water features. Pond Coat® is easy to apply and resolvers most leakage problems. Pond Coat’s waterproof barrier is perfect for water containment as the coating will not deteriorate due to prolonged exposure to water or UV rays. Pond Coat® contains no toxins or VOCs, and therefore is safe for humans, fish, plants, and any other pond inhabitants! Please note that Pond Coat® is not an aesthetic or decorative coating. It is an industrial waterproofing coating. The cured membrane will vary in color from black to brown depending on environmental conditions.
Pond Coat® is a modified elastomeric asphalt emulsion specifically formulated for application by brush, squeegee or roller. Pond Coat® is a cold applied, single component product that yields a membrane with excellent strength, elasticity and adhesion. Pond Coat is an environmentally friendly waterproofing product that can be applied indoors and outdoors with conventional protective equipment.*
- Specific gravity (liquid) g/cm3: Approx. 1.0
- Odor: None
- VOC: Contains no solvents
- Color: Brown to black
- % solids (wt): 53-58
- Viscosity, Brookfield, sp. #5, 20 rpm: 8000-9000
- pH: 10-12
Performance (cured membrane)
- Color: Black
- Specific gravity g/cm3: Approximately 1.0
- Chemical resistance: Resistant to most inorganic solutions. Not recommended for gasoline or other petroleum products.
- Consult: Chemical Resistance chart for further information.
- Biological resistance ASTM E 154, ASTM 041: Passed (> 90% original value)
- Impact resistanceCSB37-GP-500 23oC, in-lbs: Passed (168)
- Water tightness after impact: Passed (no leakage)
- Water tightness CGSB 37-GP-56: Zero Leakage
- Tensile strength ASTM 0412, psi: 90
- Elongation, %: 850
- Accelerated weathering, ASTM G 155,0 412: Passed (No deterioration of film)
- Tensile strength: Passed (> 90% original value)
- Hardness, Ourometer Type 00: 85-87
Salt Fog Corrosion, Steel ASTM D412: 1000 hours passing
- SurfaceCorrosion ASTM D610: No Corrosion after 500 hours, 0.03% after 1000 hours
- Adhesion to concrete ASTM C907: 111 PSI
- Hardness ASTM D2246: 50 Type A
- Puncture resistance CGSB 37-GP-56: No perforations
- Water Vapor Transmissions ASTM E96: 0.04
Pond Coat® is a water-based, environmentally safe alternative to conventional hot-applied, solvent based and sheet membrane waterproofing systems. Since Pond Coat® cures by evaporation, a minimum application temperature of min. 40oF (4.5oC) is required. Apply in thin coats. The product cures within 24-48 hours at 70oF (21oC) and 50% relative humidity, at a thickness of 40 mils (1mm).
For best results, surfaces must be dry and free of dirt, debris, oil or grease. Application is not recommended if rain is imminent, or in high humidity environments.
Pond Coat® is applied between 20-30 ft2/gal (0.3-0.7 m2/litre) to produce a 40-60 mil (1-3 mm) protective membrane. Pond Coat® dries to the touch within minutes at 70oF (21oC). Curing time will vary depending on temperature and relative humidity.
*Pond Coat® is mildly alkaline. When applying this product observe appropriate safety precautions, wear gloves, eye protection and other suitable protective equipment. For further information please consult the product MSDS.
Pond Coat® should not be applied when the ambient temperature is below 40oF (4.5oC). The uncured membrane may be damaged if frozen. Some surface base coats, such as coal tar are unsuitable for use with Pond Coat.
Please note that Pond Coat® is not an aesthetic or decorative coating. It is an industrial waterproofing coating. The cured membrane will vary in color from black to brown depending on environmental conditions.
For industrial use only. Keep out of reach of children. Avoid storage below 40oF (4.5oC). Please consult the MSDS before using Pond Coat®.
MSDS/Factsheet: Download here